Friday, April 07, 2006

Making some progress...



...Well, as much as I could today.

We are purchasing a home and our stress levels are at a all time high. It's been four long months of waiting for this thing to close, all the time, anxious to find out if we will be able to buy it or not. We were suppose to sign papers today, but it's been put off (again) until Monday.

We are looking forward to owning our own home and not having to move every year or so, and the good news is that I'll have my own dedicated art studio to work in. :)

Besides working on the commission piece today, I've been putting together prints for several consignment shops. This week has been a "Hot Week" for my art print sales and some of the stores that carry my work have been calling for an early re-stock - I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel, especially right before tax time. :)

I recently introduced a new print size to my inventory, a 14x23 frame size, the print size in the mat is 9"x18", and they have been selling really well. The prints are of paintings I did that were on a 18"x36" canvas. Paintings that are very dynamic, but previously only available in a Giclee Canvas Print.


















You can see the others on my web site www.BrianMarshallWhite.com , and don't miss seeing the petroglyph Kahuna Series.

I also made a contact this week who has connections to a gallery on Maui. So, if all goes well, my work will be available there also.

Have a great day, and follow your dream!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nina Kuriloff said...

Your images of flowers are very beautiful!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Marshall White said...

Thank you Nina! I'm glad you like them. :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Amy Solovay said...

I really hope that the house will be yours! It would be so exciting for you to have that studio, not to mention the reduced stress of not having to worry about the housing situation.

Your work is lovely.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Marshall White said...

Thanks Amy,

You are right - "stress-free" (or at least not that much stress) would be a welcomed change. I'm good at moving now, but don't want to do it again for a long time.

Thanks again :)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

These florals are beautiful, I especially LOVE the Bird of Paradise, you have captured the light beautifully!

Michelle

5:57 PM  
Blogger Marshall White said...

Thanks Michelle, :)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home