Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Glance at Putting Prints Together



With my inventory low from last months consignment re-stock, it's time to put together more prints of my art and sign them, and that is what I did today. I was completely out of some of my best sellers, and those I need when I'm on the street selling.

I attach the prints to the backboards, set the mat board in place, add the bio sheet to the back and hand sign each print. It's actually alot of work, but as you can see by the photo, we have organized the work area and streamlined the process to make it as efficiant as possible.

The shelf is home-made just for this purpose, and it sits on a regular fold-up table I bought at Costco. Mat Boards, backboards and clear bags ( print sleeves ) all have their place just above the work area. I also have two clamp lights, one on each side to provide good lighting so I can see what I"m doing.

If your an artist and you want to know more about where to get the materials, and how to put prints together - be sure to pick up a copy of my book "Breaking into the Art World".

2 Comments:

Blogger John-Reuben said...

I envy you. I 'g going to get your book. Maybe it will help me with what I need to escape the corporate nightmare I'm in currently. All I want to do is draw. If I can get some sellable pieces together and the business acumen to get it to the public, I know I would do well at it. I just don't know how to get there ...yet!!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Marshall White said...

Thanks John-Reuben,

I feel for you - I was there once also. I hope you find my book helpful and encouraging, many other artists have told me that it has helped them.

Once you've read my book, just email if you have any other questions - I'll try my best to help out any way I can.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home