Sunday, June 04, 2006

I love Hawaii


Especially this island. There are so many things to see, and the the lanscapes are so different from one part of the island to the next. I've lived here for five years and am still discovering places I've never seen before.

This painting is almost done. It's a 16x20 oil on canvas and is of Mauna Kea, and it's one of those places I recently discovered.

Last Saturday, my son and I hiked along the beach south of "A" Bay shooting photos for reference material. I found a stretch of beach that is absolutly beautiful! Sandy beaches broken briefly by interesting formations of lava rock. Clean, clear water that tints blue-green to a almost translucent process blue, and the deeper it gets, the deeper blue it gets. Definatly the subject of my next painting!

I also met another local artist named Susan, she was sitting in the shade with her easel working on a painting. She was really nice, and she had the right idea. I'm thinking to myself, "Here I am, in a hurry to get back to my studio to paint, and she's painting and relaxing in the shade at the beach without a care in the world" (or so it seemed).

Now that is the life - I need to stop rushing around from one project to the other and soak up the beach once in awhile.

"Waiter - Bring me a hammock and a Mai Tai !"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home