Monday, June 12, 2006

Artist in Residence


Every Monday night I paint at the Harbor Gallery.

I don't actually sell anything myself, but it's a great way to promote my art just by being there painting and meeting people who like to watch me paint.

The Harbor Gallery has been promoting me and selling my art for several years, and recently they dedicated a whole wall to my work in the front of the gallery.

The challenge now, is to keep the wall full. More and more collectors are discovering my art and buying it as fast as I can re-stock the gallery. I suppose if I painted faster, I could keep up, but it takes time to paint the way I like to paint. I pour my heart and soul into each one, pushing myself to be better and do a better job with each new work of art.

The last several months, I've noticed my work has hit the "Next Level". This is the third time in the last five years that I've noticed it, and the owner of the Harbor Gallery has noticed it too. He even suggested that the value of my work should go up 10% higher than it is now. He said for the quality of work, my paintings are still really affordable.

The paintings that are already at the gallery will still be at the old price level, but any new paintings submitted after today will be priced at the new value for my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home