Monday, June 26, 2006

"Eternal Summer"

After two days of laying around doing nothing but watching movies, I woke up Monday morning and felt much better. I still have a nasty cough, but my energy is coming back and I can finally focus my eyes again.

So, back to work. I delivered a giclee print to the Pacific Fine Art Gallery, signed a stack of prints my wife put together for me, picked up some giclee prints I ordered, clearcoated one giclee and one original painting. By the time I finished all of that, it was time for a nap. ...Yes, you heard right. Especially when I've been sick, a nap is a much needed interlude between the morning shift and the evening shift. In fact, anytime I'm not working on the street during cruise ship visits, I take a short nap around 1:30 or 2:00pm. Otherwise I don't have the energy to work until 9:00 at night.

By 4:00pm, I was on the road to Kawaihae to deliver originals to the Harbor Gallery. We put the painting I just finished into an existing Mango frame they had to see how it looked. ....Perfect match!

I decided to title this piece "Eternal Summer". After we photographed it framed, I took the original home with me so I can send it off and have it reproduced. Gunner, the owner of the Harbor Gallery told me he thought this one was my best yet.

If your not familiar with Hawaiian culture, the hand sign I'm showing with my right hand is called a "shaka", it means "Hang Loose" and is more common than waving to someone to say hi.

Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home