Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Studio

Aloha,

Many things have happened since my last blog, but they have all been good. One of the biggest changes is my new studio at home. I decided it was time to purchase my own Giclee printer and produce my own Giclee prints, and this pushed me into remodeling one of our rooms and making it a art studio/ print studio. One side is set up to produce and assemble small prints with matt boards. The other side has a PC station dedicated for my Giclee printer, and of course my Giclee printer. I built a table on wheels to work on in the middle of the room. The small area towards the back door is set up with a easel I built so I can highlight Giclee prints and paint originals.

Remodling the room itself was a massive project, but it turned out well and is the most efficient work studio I've ever had.









There are many more little things that need to be done, but it's up and running.

I should mention, many have already asked me if I will prints giclees for them, the answer is no. I don't have the scanning equipment and really don't have time to start a print business or the desire to.


One of the paintings I've finished since my last blog is:

"Rainbow Plumeria" 24x36 oil on canvas.

I'm working on a waterfall scene, a red hibiscus, and several commissions at the moment.

One of the other things that has changed is that I closed my kiosk in the Kona Inn Shopping Village. It has been one of goals for several years to work more with galleries and stop doing retail myself. This has freed me up to paint more at the galleries I work with and hopfully my 2007 collection of paintings will be larger than my 2006 collection.

I've also closed down my webcam pages, one was damaged in the earthquake, the other one on Ali'i drive allowed me to post their webcam on my site, but has since changed the code on me. Hopefully I can get another up and running in the future.

Well, I have many paintings to do, so I better get back to it. :)

Aloha,

Marshall White

1 Comments:

Blogger HIC said...

Thank you for all your posative information, in both your book and blog. I am struggling artist but am always willing to take a new approach and with my work and marketing

Thanks again HIC UK

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home